Thursday, November 01, 2007

Organize Yourself

So, according to the little ticker in our side bar we have been in Dallas for three months and seven days.

That's three months of listening to our neighbor's alarm clock go off at 5 a.m. on Saturday morning for AN HOUR, because he's not home to turn it off.

That's 12 weeks of waving back at the white-bearded homeless man on my way home from work.

That's 416 quarters that I've feed the washer and dryer in the little laundromat downstairs.

And that's 91 days of living with our office LOOKING LIKE THIS!


And like this:
Yes, that's a can of varnish, sitting on a box of tableclothes, resting next to an old computer keyboard, just in case we need to stain something while typing an email on a cloth-covered table.

In the top picture you can see my attempt at cleaning this room - I walked in, got tired just looking at the mess, and plopped a Mango Diffuser from Pier1 on Danny's buried desk. Maybe if it smelled good it wouldn't look so back.

Believe it or not, we actually jump over all of this stuff to get to this closet:


Why? Because we keep important stuff in there. Important stuff like batteries, cds (does anyone actually listen to cds anymore?), and notebooks for school. All that stuff is in one plastic drawer, and I know exactly where it is when Danny asks - everything else is a lost cause.

Until today.

I haunt/stalk a few fun blogs here and there - most of them talk about exciting things like cooking, being a wife, grocery shopping, coupons . . . and ORGANIZING. Because, believe it or not I love to organize things. You'd never guess by looking at our office.

So, today, one of the blogs that I get some good ideas from is hosting an organizational challenge. I have the whole month of November to get my act together and get Danny's study room neat.

Because until I do, he will continue to study at the kitchen table, and I will have to eat my food with Greek and Systematic Theology books piled high. Nothing makes a girl loose her appetite faster than trying to wolf down some taco soup and thinking about studying at the same time.

So ya'll are my witnesses. It's a clean office or bust.

6 comments:

Anonymous November 01, 2007 12:07 PM  

Oh no! 3 months being woken every Saturday at 5am! That must be frustrating.

Hope you have fun sorting your office. My small space for reorganizing is out of control, can't even get in there.

Dimple Queen November 01, 2007 2:19 PM  

WOW...I have been there and kind of am there now once again. I am still trying to narrow down which area to organize! I came to you site via The Oranizing Junkie.

Are you at DTS or SWTS? My hubby is a youth minister, he graduated SWTS in '99.

Praying for you!
Angela

Dawn November 03, 2007 1:07 PM  

It will be so nice when you get your office organized. I think offices are one of the hardest places to organize and keep it that way because of all the paper. Good luck.

Unknown November 03, 2007 9:43 PM  

Good luck on the office...not sure what to tell you about the neighbor who likes to pretend he's waking up at 5am??!

Gretchen November 05, 2007 10:19 AM  

That looks a lot like my office/book room! Good luck getting it cleaned and organized... you CAN do it!! :)

Laura November 07, 2007 12:53 PM  

Hello! I'm so getting my "fix" checking out all the great challenge posts. I can't wait to see it complete, I only wish I was there to help :)

Thanks for joining us!
Laura

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP