Friday, September 11, 2009

A Memory, a Retreat and a Dinner Date

I realize I should probably be posting something regarding 9/11, but I don't have any words of wisdom.

My only stark memory is Matthew turning the television on while I was practicing piano, staring at it in wonder at how any pilot could possibly not see such a big building in his way, realizing at the second hit that it wasn't a mistake, and then skipping class at CCCC to watch the tv and learn how to pronounce Bin Laden.

So, this post is going to seem scatterbrained - just a little bit.

There was once was a home group leaders retreat that put us up in a nice hotel.


There were fun little surprised tucked away in the weekend.

We discovered that we don't fit on a double bed - not comfortably anyways.


We were delighted to find we had a view of some baseball, complete with post-game fireworks.

We enjoyed a weekend to meet new friends, get better aquainted with old friends, and throw our wet towels on the floor and leave the bed completely unmade.

After said retreat, we decided we hadn't retreated enough and we wanted to have a date . . . to the Hari Krishna temple.

Now, I know you're probably confused - just as confused as I was when I heard there was a restaurant in the template Beacon and Grand here in Dallas.

Sometimes, when you stand in line at the library you observe the funniest people and meet the most interesting. I met the nicest woman at the library in Oak Cliff who told us about THE BEST vegetarian buffet in our part of town.

Now, we're not vegetarian or lovers of buffets - but we eat and we like to try new food - so off we went.

It was an experience - a spicy, delicious, unique experience.


I never thought I'd enjoy Carob Grits for dessert - but they were so good I'm now looking up recipes to duplicate the dish at home.

If you're up for a different flavor to your meal, we'd highly recommend enjoying your dinner in the relaxing atrium at Kalachandjis.



  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP