Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Goals for 2010

Every year I say that my New Years Resolution is to not make any New Years Resolutions, and yet something in my Type-A personality just cannot RESIST the perfect opportunity to make a list!

So, other than survive childbirth (which is probably the most thought about and anticipated goal I've ever had), here are my Goals for 2010: 

Home/Family:

  • Plan the entire month's worth of meals by the 20th of the previous month in hopes that it reduces the weekly stress and time I spend pouring over recipes.
  • Buy more of our fruit and vegetables from the local farmer's market and research purchasing produce through a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture).
  • Stock pile diapers before baby comes in July.
  • Kick up the couponing after the baby comes (start shopping at more stores, expecially Walgreens).
  • Put dishes straight into the dishwasher instead of letting them pile up in the sink.
  • Every week I save numerous blogs - some just for future reference, but some I save because I want to take action on them. I call the latter group my GTD (Getting Things Done) links - what did I tell you? TYPE A! I want to work through my GTD saved blog posts and do at least one per week.
Reading:
  • Read MORE before going to bed instead of watching TV (read at least 3 days a week)
  • Read 35 books this year (beat last years 29 - see Shelfari - a follow up post will be coming on my 2010 reading list).
Photography
  • Attend a photography workshop.
  • Purchase an external flash and a 50mm 1.4 lens for my camera.
Financial
  • Finish saving for a car (for when our trusty Jeep eventually dies or we realize we need a second one)
  • Track grocery savings and spending
  • Lower grocery bill gradually, a little each month
See, nothing outrageous. In fact, some of these things I'm aleady doing - like reading before bed, planning a month of meals at a time (it is saving me a headache!), and putting my dishes straight into the dishwasher (my parents would be so proud).

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP