Monday, June 21, 2010

Savoring the Moments

There are alot of things to complain about when you're pregnant - fatigue, achiness, sleepless nights, heartburn, clothes that don't fit, lack of a waistline, feeling like a whale and on and on and on.

However, this little boy is due to arrive in four weeks (give or take some days depending his punctuality). I only have four more weeks to be pregnant.

Danny calls pregnancy something like the "in between" time. We knew life and marriage before our son, and we'll know life and marriage and family after he's born. But for now, we're waiting, living in the in between, waiting, just waiting for him to come.

Mothers tell me I'm going to miss it.

Miss feeling the little kicks. Miss having him with me all the time. Miss the smiles strangers give you at the grocery store. Miss how quiet and easy he is to cart around when he was on the "inside!"

For nine months of my son's life there were two hearts beating inside my body as he grew.

That thought stops me in my tracks more times during the day than any other.  There is a little brain inide of me. Eyes that will open and take in the world a floating in my womb. Two souls in my body.

For nine months the Lord grew life inside of me. And so I'm trying to soak up and rejoice in the aches and inconveniences that come with being two-in-one and simply revel in the miracle that the Lord choose to create life inside of life.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP