Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Letters to Cannon - The Last Day I Carried You Inside

(Originally written in Cannon's baby book on Wednesday, July 14, 2010.)

Cannon -

One week ago today I woke up in the middle of the night with cramping every 7-10 minutes. It lasted all day long, and I kept expecting to go into labor at any minute.

Your Dad and I cleaned the entire apartment in anticipation of your arrival. Your Dad loves me so much he scrubbed the bathtub spotless so I could take a warm bath when I was finally in labor.

In the afternoon we went to our doctor's appointment with Dr. Garner. He told us that I was 3 cm dilated and estimated that you would come over the weekend. He informed me that the cramping I was having was "non-labor contractions" and really didn't mean anything. I was quite disappointed that I wasn't in labor.

I didn't know that this day, Wednesday, July 7, 2010 would be the last day I'd be pregnant with you, that  it would be the last day it would be just you and me. Other mothers told me to enjoy my pregnancy, that it would fly by, and they were right. I tried to remember every little kick, every little turn and every little hiccup I felt while you grew in me because nine months isn't very long in the grand scheme of life. And for those reasons I'll always treasure the last day I carried you inside.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP