Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cannon at 3 Months

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Boomer,

You are now three months old. We watch in awe as you grow, develop and get stronger. You
make eye contact, focus on objects and express a myriad of emotions from rage to smiles of
pleasure. You continue to exercise and strengthen your arms and legs and your grip is stronger
every time I see you. I haven’t been able to buy your first baseball glove yet because we
haven’t figured out if you’re right-handed or left-handed. As soon as we know you’ll have that
glove.

All of my children, including your Mother, had nicknames growing up. So, in keeping with
tradition I’ve given you your first nickname. You were Boomer three months before you
were born. In fact you were Boomer at least a month before you were Cannon. I’ve had a
lot of “Boomer Time” while Mom and Dad have had other activities. I’ve had the chance to
hold you while you sleep, cry, eat and watch baseball. I’ve learned that walking under the
Arizona Ash tree in our front yard soothes you when you’re otherwise inconsolable. You seem
fascinated by the limbs, leaves, birds and light shining through the tree.

A couple of Friday evenings ago we had the perfect “Boomer Time.” We were both content to
sit in my chair and pop back and forth between the Ranger baseball game and the TCU vs SMU
football game. We had in-depth discussions about the Infield Fly Run and how to calculate a
pitcher’s Earned Run Average. I look forward to the time when your Mom let’s me take you to
your first live baseball game.

Papa Bill

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP