Thursday, December 16, 2010

Merry Christmas from The Stillers 2010

Retro Kaleidoscope Holiday Card
Christmas cards and holiday thank you cards by Shutterfly.
View the entire collection of cards.





Christmas pictures/letters should have already hit your mailbox, but here's the virtual version just in case. :-)

Merry Christmas Friends! Christmas 2010

I need to introduce myself. My name is Cannon Henry, and one year ago I was the size of a walnut and riding along while my Mom ran the White Rock Marathon. I’m afraid I missed the first half of the year, since I didn’t arrive until July 8, but those first six months were just spent preparing for my big entrance anyways.

According to the blog, my parents announced to the world that I was coming via a little video in January and then found out I was a BOY in February. In March, I tagged along on their quarterly review, and they marched me to the top of Enchanted Rock outside Austin, Texas. April brought Bradley birthing classes for my parents (someone should have told them that no amount of studying could adequately prepare them for childbirth) and rearranging of the apartment so I could have some space. My parents’ friends threw them showers and gave them all kinds of goodies for me in May and June. Then they played on the beach in Corpus Christi for a little Babymoon and to savor their last few days as a family of two. On July 2nd my Mom started maternity leave and worked her last day at Bessemer Trust.

Five days before my due date, it was time for my arrival. After eight hours of labor and only 25 minutes at the hospital, I made my grand entrance and life as Mom and Dad knew it was over forever. Ten days after my arrival my Dad started his full-time job as a Claims Manager at Cigna. He’s taking seminary classes a little slower now, so he can work and savor time with Mom and I in the evenings.

The last five months have been a beautiful mess of sleepless nights, spontaneous smiles and lots of cuddles. My parents can’t believe how quickly I’ve doubled my birth weight, how good it feels to be sleeping through the night again and what on earth to make of these little two teeth that cause me to be so fussy! I had my first taste of solids this week, if you can call rice mush “real food,” and have all kinds of other tricks up my sleeve, like rolling over and crawling, that I will be debuting soon.

In October, we took a big family picture with my Mom’s family to commemorate the newest additions to the family: myself, of course, and my new and only Aunt Mandy, who married Uncle Matt in June. In November, I went on my first airplane ride to visit my great-grandparents on my Dad’s side in New York, Henry (my namesake) and Marilyn. I can’t tell you how much I love all the hugs and kisses I get from my great-grandparents, Nana and Papa, Rocco and Glammy, aunt and uncles.

Aside from my birth, the other life-changing event currently in the works is that my parents are purchasing their first home. They are scheduled to close on December 30th and move in the first of February. I’ll actually have my own room, and hopefully I’ll have all kinds of tales to tell you next year about playing in the yard and working on the car in the garage with Daddy.

I hope you have a wonderful celebration of Christ this Christmas!

Cannon
(and Danny & Laura too!)

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP