Sunday, December 05, 2010

The Two Hardest Things

Do you know what I was doing one year ago today? At this very moment?

This . . .

20091213_6267

20091213_6273

20091213_6259

. . . with Cannon in tow. 

Although I didn't know him as Cannon then. I only knew him as a little heartbeat, a blip on a fuzzy sonogram picture.

Later that night we would announce to our families that we were pregnant. 

I was burping Cannon on my lap last week, and all of a sudden I became aware that I could feel his heartbeat pounding away in his little chest. It hit me. That same heartbeat existed a year ago. I didn't know Cannon then, I couldn't even imagine him back then, but I knew his heartbeat. How amazing. 

In the last year, I did the most physically challenging things of my entire 28-years of life. I ran a marathon, and I gave birth.

I still get emotional remembering both events, and I am overwhelmed at how creative our Lord is to make our bodies do such astounding feats.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP