Monday, January 31, 2011

January 2011 Reading List

With all of the packing, moving and unpacking this month I only finished one book.  But I must say that the tv has not made it's way to our bedroom and there's no tv in Cannon's room - so I am reading so much more when going to bed and when nursing! Get ready because there will be more books to review in February!

1. Real Food for Mother and Baby by Nina Planck
I really liked this book. It was a great overview of how to eat whole/real foods during your pregnancy and post-partum months. It also took a very different approach to starting solids with your baby than most books I've read. Planck is a big proponent of offering a variety of foods and flavors to your infant.  She also encourages you to not puree everything but allow your little one to experience textures and chunks.

It was a much more relaxed approach to first foods than I'd read, which is just what I needed as making baby food had become like an unwanted second job for me. So, this week in honor of developing a well-rounded and healthy palette, Cannon got to try carrots, yogurt, millet, butternut squash and unmashed chunks of banana.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP