Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 2011 Reading List

16. The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
This was an enormous read for book club. 950+ pages of medieval love stories, war and architecture. Surprisingly, I was captivated throughout the entire novel. The characters were gripping and the plot took twists I never expected. The author also opened up story lines at the beginning and didn't close them until the end - which had me turning pages right and left. It was pretty much all I read all month, but I'm glad I got through it and look forward to a lively discussion at book club next week.

17. One Year to an Organized Life with Baby by Regina Leeds
I still want to read "One Year to an Organized Life" but I jumped the gun with this book because I thought it would be more applicable to my life now. Unfortunately, it starts with the beginning of your pregnancy.  It was a very general/broad overview of every pregnancy topic. It's a great starting point if you're looking for a guide on things to research as your expecting, but from someone who's already a parent and done a ton of reading, it was pretty basic and general.

Okay, here's to getting back on track and knocking a few books of my reading list this next month!

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP