Friday, July 01, 2011

Our Family This Month (June 2011)

The last eight weeks were big months for our family.

After one misread pregnancy test, we actually realized we were pregnant back in May but waited until June to announce it on the blog. So, big news - there's going to be four Stillers in Allen come January. Despite missing most of my first trimester not even realizing life was growing inside of me, I seized the last few weeks to take at least one nap a day when Cannon rested. Naps greatly cut into my productivity around the house and creativity in playing with Cannon, but I try to remind myself that growing bones is hard work.

This has been the month of swimming for Cannon. We've been taking him to pools on the weekend; he and I have been attending swimming play dates; and then there were swim lessons through the Plano Parks & Rec for two weeks. Cannon enjoys the water, and while he isn't WILD about floating on his back or being submerged, he's all about "jumping" off the edge from sitting into my arms and throwing/chasing a rubber ducky all around the pool. He thinks blowing bubbles is hilarious, but has yet to try doing them himself.

In "my baby is growing up too fast news," Cannon is officially weaned and drinking formula and whole milk in sippy cups. My milk supply just continued to drop, and it became a source of frustration for both of us, so as much as I didn't want to admit it, it was time. My firstborn. The little one who taught me patiently how to breastfeed and slow down and cuddle - even in the middle of the night - was ready to grow up. My consolation is that I will get to do this all over again in just a few short months.

Danny's been working out in his new garage gym and eating ridiculously healthy - so look for a rip roaring Danny in the next few months.

And that's us.

Here's to a Happy July!

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP