Monday, August 08, 2011

A Week O' Lunches

 

I try to do a few chores every day to make life a little easier. So, my week looks something like this:

Monday - make breakfast/lunches for the week
Tuesday - laundry, sweep, mop
Wednesday - update budget, plan menus, make grocery list
Thursday - clean bathrooms, dust, vacuum
Friday - collapse grocery shop (if time)

I've been asked what it looks like to make my weekly meals. So, since this post is WAY outdated (I think we've been on the Zone Diet, the Clean Diet and the I-just-had-a-baby-and-will-eat-anything diet since then!) I thought it was a time for an update on meal planning and cooking in the Stiller house.

On Wednesday, I plan out all of our meals and grocery list for the following week.

Danny's Meals:

Danny's easy. He eats the Eat Clean Diet Cooler 1 menu every week which consists of oatmeal and eggs for breakfast, cottage cheese and fruit for a snack, tilapia, salsa and quinoa for lunch, and tuna and an apple for the second snack. Badabing Badaboom. He makes all of his meals on Sunday afternoon.

Laura &; Cannon's Meals:

Cannon and I on the other hand NEED variety. So, I generally plan a baked oatmeal dish and an egg recipe for breakfast. Lunches can be anything from sandwiches to casseroles to whatever sound good to my pregnant stomach. I buy lots of fruit, frozen/canned veggies, black beans and cheese to supplement all meals and snacks. (See my list below of foods I keep on hand.)

Pre-Packing Lunches:

Cannon's lunches usually get packed up into individual containers so that I can just pull them out of the fridge and go, which is great for when we are meeting friends for a picnic or at the pool.

Reheating Food:

Heating food up has never been too much of a problem. Meals involving tortillas I always heat up in the oven to keep them crispy and pasts dishes I just add milk or more sauce to make sure they don't dry out.

Dinners:

For dinners, all three of us eat the same meal. I usually try to plan 3-4 meals per week and make enough to last two nights so we don't have to cook every night. I also try to plan a super easy meal (like pizza) for busy nights (like Saturday nights with church).

Our menu this week looks like this:

Breakfast
Lunch
I've toyed with the idea of doing monthly menu plans, but just haven't sat down to actually make it happen. Anyone find monthly menu plans helpful? Of, if you have any other ideas/suggestions for saving time when it comes to meals please share your thoughts in the comments!

And what post wouldn't be complete without the munckin (eating his fresh baked lemon pasta)?

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP