Saturday, December 24, 2011

Meeting Jesus.

On Christmas Eve I was working in the garage making Cannon’s play kitchen and on the
radio came a Christmas song. The song is the telling of a story of a man who is waiting
in line at a store. In front of the man in line is a boy who wants to buy some shoes for his
mother who is terminally ill. The boy does not have enough money for the shoes so he
turns to the man behind him and makes a request to the man. The boy says,

Sir, I want to buy these shoes for my mama, please
It’s Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size
Could you hurry, sir, daddy says there’s not much time
You see she’s been sick for quite a while
And I know these shoes would make her smile
And I want her to look beautiful, if mama meets Jesus tonight.

As I was listening to this song, doing manly things like building stuff with wood, I
started to weep and cry. If you have heard this song you know it can really be a tear jerker, but the part of the song that made me cry today was the thought about meeting Jesus. The thought about seeing, face to face, the Man who gave up the comfort of heaven for a life of suffering. The Man that rescued me from the kingdom of darkness and brought me into the kingdom of light. The Man who washed away my sins, and the Man who rescued me from slavery to the idols I love, so I can love him and experience eternal life. Those lyrics made me cry because I have been given, by God, the grace to truly know Jesus. And the
thought of meeting this Man face to face and knowing Him fully by sight and being in His
loving presence touched my heart.

How do you feel about meeting Jesus? If you truly know Him, you may feel like I did.
If you don’t know him I am guessing the number of responses to “meeting Jesus” could
be many. Do you know Jesus? If you don’t know Jesus then you don’t have eternal
life. “Now this is eternal life – that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ,
whom you sent.” (John 17:3) Knowing Jesus is eternal life. Do you know the Son
of God, who by the power of the Holy Spirit became incarnate from the Virgin Mary,
and was made man? And who for our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate, who
suffered death, and was buried and on the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the
Hebrew scriptures, (Old Testament) that spoke of his promised advent (coming). Is he
the reason for your joy this Christmas season. Do you know Him? Do you look forward
to meeting Him? If not I pray that you would. He is your only eternal hope. He is eternal
life.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP