Friday, January 06, 2012

Happy Birth Day Cason!

Remember that time we hired a birth photographer, Keri Duckett, and she didn't have time to make it to Cannon's actual birth (of no fault of her own, sheesh, the doctor barely made it)? She still captured these amazing photos that I cry over to this day. 

I love her photos so much that I tell EVERY pregnant friend they HAVE to hire her. I would give up purchasing alot of "newborn/baby stuff" to be able to have her at every birth I have.

**Go check out her website - that's Cannon there on the left!**

Well, the minute we went into labor with Cason, Danny was on the phone with Keri. We were determined that she wouldn't miss this birth. 

There were a few questionable moments - like when the midwife told us we couldn't come to the birthing center because my contractions were too far apart but I KNEW I was getting close. (And, yes, I know ya'll are waiting - the birth story is coming soon!) Well, Keri still got up in the middle of the night and got ready to leave because she knew Cason would come fast. She's just that awesome. 

You can't imagine Danny's relief when she walked into that room with her camera. I believe Cason was born about six minutes later. Let's just say I'm an efficient use of people's time. 

I'll forewarn you - these are birth photos. There's nothing graphic, but I'm not a pretty or quiet laborer, so be prepared. You might just hear me roar.


Songs: "First Day of My Life" by Bright Days and "Beautiful Things" by Gungor

And, in case you'd rather not be bothered with the seven minute slideshow, here are a few of our favorite moments:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug







First of many family snuggles.


LOVE!


Big brother waiting to meet his little brother!


Hello Mama!


Hello Dada!


Hello big brother!


First of many high fives between brothers. 
I still can't get over how big Cannon's hand looks next to Cason's!


First moments as a family of four.



Our fabulous midwife, Carole, and birth assistant, Teri. 


I just want to say, Teri walked in right before Cason was born so we met "officially" after the birth. Our first conversation went something like, "You did great! Oh by the way, I'm Teri!"

Sound familiar? I didn't meet the doctor that delivered Cannon until after the birth. Apparently I have a problem - I show up to places just in time for someone to catch my babies. :-)

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP