Sunday, August 05, 2012

The Morse Diamond Jubilee


Hank and Marilyn, Danny's grandparents known as Nan and Poppi celebrated a milestone 60 years of marriage this year. We knew we would be traveling to New York for the party, so I set out to find something that could commemorate something so incredible as a Diamond Jubilee. 

Thanks to my friend, Bre, and Pinterest, I found the perfect gift. Using inspiration from Etsyblogs, and websites I embroidered the Morse Family Tree Trunk. 

The tree's rings start with the brown heart in 1952. From there on out there is a ring for every year. Pink rings are for children, green rings are for grandchildren, and blue rings are for great-grandchildren. The blue rings are actually blue and green rings woven together because both grandchildren and great-grandchildren were born in 2010 and 2012.   



It was such a privilege to sew the Morse Family tree. I feel like I got to know Danny's family so much better through the process. I would sit on the couch in the evenings thinking, "This is Steven's ring," and then I'd recall all the stories and everything I new about Steven (and so on and so forth with each child, grandchild and great-grandchild).




Thank you Nan & Poppi for your commitment to one another; for your beautiful devotion to your family; and for the legacy you have passed on to your children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I am glad my children have Morse blood running through their veins.

Here's to an even longer and happier marriage. I'll be back for the 70th anniversary celebration to add ten more rings to that tree trunk. 

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP