Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Cannon at 30 Months (2.5 years)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
**Busy, busy boy . . . didn't feel like posing for the camera this month.**

Stats:
(same) 30+ lbs and 35+ inches

Clothes: 
He's wearing 2T clothes and 3T pajamas. 
His shoes are mostly Size 7 and 8
Although his Size 7 Toms are pretty much too small, so I think I'll be rotating all his size 7 shoes into the closet to save for Cason.

Sleeping: 
Sleeps 11-12 hours at night with a  1.5-3 hour at his nap. 
He's been sleeping a little bit better, or sleeping in a little longer (past 7 am most days). Some days his afternoon nap is only 1.5 hours, but other days it's 3 hours.

Eating: 
(same) Picky here, picky there - always loves Chic-fil-a.

Talking: 
Cannon narrates everything we do (usually in question format: "Mommy drying your hair?") and repeats random phrases we've said. It's time to start spelling things out in front of him.

Cannon often asks "why not?" when he can't have something/do something/etc. although it doesn't always make sense. "Can I have a cookie? No. Why not? Can I play with Rowan? No. Why not? He's at his house? Why not?"

Cannon took a long sip of milk and said, "I take a sip of milk and put my cup on the table to stay hydrated." Let it be known that my two-year old knows how to use the word "hydrated" in context. And let it be known that I am terrified that my vocabulary is not large enough for his crazy quick mind.

Cannon got up into his learning tower to see me cooking and said, "What's going on here?" I'm going to need to start a "Cannon says" column.

Teeth: 
(same) 20 teeth

Likes: 
Cannon has been asking to see Santa, so we took him to see the Santa at NorthPark. He LOVES pointing out St. Nick on TV and in books, but the minute we rounded the corner to sit on Santa's lap he wanted nothing to do with him. So, let's just say that Cannon likes pictures of Santa!

Cannon's favorite books this month include The Polar Express and anything by Byron Baron, in particular My Car and Building a House.

Cannon's absolute favorite Christmas carol/song is "Little Drummer Boy" by any artist. He will hear it in stores after just a few notes are played and requests in on repeat at home and in the car.

Dislikes: 
Santa in person! (See "Likes")

Health:
Cannon (well, and Danny) have been the healthiest out of all of us this month.  I'm not sure if it's the Vitamin D drops, Echinachea drops, and probiotic capsules or if it's simply because he's not up-close and in my face as much as Cason is. Either way I'm glad he's been illness-fre.

Milestones:
We moved Cannon from the Britax Boulevard (convertible car seat) to the Britax Frontier 85 (carseat to booster conversion). He hadn't outgrown the Boulevard, but Cason needed it and I didn't want to own two, so we moved him up since he was big enough. He was thrilled with the new cup holders and I appreciate that it's a slimmer carseat, so it's easier to get him in and out of the car. 

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP