Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Goals 2013: Reading

There was a time, pre-children, that I set goals and met them . . . all.

Children do a beautiful thing to your life. They knock down your expectations and teach you to go with the flow.

Days before Cason was born last year, I wrote out an audacious reading list for 2012. I read, no skimmed, 13 books last year. A dismal number considering my goal of 50+. Oh well. I'm fine with that. I got to snuggle a baby all year instead. There's no comparison. I can read later.

Well, I have a sickness. It's called "list-making." I make lists of lists. Somehow life makes sense after I've made a list. It's like I dump everything onto the paper and can rest. So, in good Laura-fashion, not learning a thing from last year, I made another reading list.

I could give you my reasons, but they probably only make sense in my head. I'll just share the list instead.

2013 Reading Goals

Christian Living:

Memoirs:
2.    The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan
3.    Surprised by Oxford by Carolyn Weber

Fiction:
4.    The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
5.    Still Alice by Lisa Genova
6.    Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Foer
7.    Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
8.    Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

Activities/Play: 
9.    Made to Play by Joel Henriques (ILL)
10. The Children's Year by Stephanie Cooper (ILL)
11. The Toddler's Busy Book by Trish Kuffner (ILL)
12. Unplugged Play - Bobbie Conner
13. Make Your Own Preschool Games by Sally Goldberg (ILL)
14. Montessori Play and Learn by Leslie Britton
15. Creative Play for Your Toddler by Christopher Clouder
16. Child's Play by Maja Pitamic

Child Development:
17. Bright from the Start by Jill Stamm
18. Baby Minds by Susan Goodwyn
20. Superbaby - Jenn Berman

Education:
21. You Are Your Child's First Teacher by Rahima Baldwin Dancy
22. Home Learning Year by Year by Rebecca Rupp
23. Montessori From the Start by Paula Polk Lillard
24. The Core by Leigh Bortins
25. A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola

Parenting:
26. Grace-Based Parenting - Tim Kimmel
27. Give Them Grace by Elyse Fitzpatrick
28. Loving the Little Years by Rachel Jankovic
30. Telling God's Story by Peter Enns

Nutrition/Heath:
31. Green for Life - Victoria Boutenko
32. Feeding the Whole Family - Cynthia Lair
33. Healthy Homemaking by Stephanie Langford (ILL)
34. Plenty by Alisa Smith
35. In Defense of Food by Michael Pollard

Business:
36. Linchpin by Seth Godin
37. Selling the Invisible - Harry Beckwith
38. The Artist's Way - Julia Cameron

Marriage:
39. The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller

Homemaking:
40. The Five-Minute Mom's Club by Stephanie Vozza
41. Large Family Logistics by Kim Brenneman
42. For the Family's Sake - Susan Macauley
43. 168 Hours - Laura Vanderkam

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP