Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Anyone who's been reading the blog for any amount of time knows I LOVE series. Belly bumps, weekly photos, chalk videos and my annual Mother's Day gift: a photoshoot with the boys.

I LOVE my photos from the last two year:

Mother's Day 2012
Mother's Day 2011

But this year I wanted something a little different. Since Cason was born, running with the boys in the double stroller has been an almost daily outing for us. I run, they snack and then we end the outing by playing at the park. Sometimes we run with friends, sometimes it's just the three of us.

Now that Baby #3 is on the way, the days of jogging with the double stoller have quickly come to a halt. There will be no running with all three children at once. Up until this week I didn't know that a triple jogging stroller even existed, but really, I doubt I'd make it more than a quarter mile with that kind of weight.

Running with the boys was a beautiful, short season and I wanted to capture it with my own "lifestyle" photoshoot. So, off to the park we went and back and forth, back and forth I ran. Cason munched happily on his cheerios, but Cannon was so confused and kept asking, "Go to the park this time Mommy?" No sooner had I turned around to give Danny another chance to shoot, than Cannon would yell, "NO! Go back that way! Go to the park!"

I love these photos. I think they will be a precious memory of the days of only two children. Of simple times when the biggest thing on our agenda was going to the park for a run.Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

This is the trail we run the most, Santa Fe Trail (to Bob Woodruff Park) in Plano. It is this gorgeous. Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
We always end the run together. At a certain street Cannon gets to jump out of the stroller and run the rest of the way to the park. This started on his own initiative when he began asking, "I run Mommy? I run?" He jogs alongside and my running mommy heart is proud.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Sometimes we don't make it to the park because there are sticks to collect or dandelions to pick.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Always, always, always this child wants to swing. He runs to the swings first thing and will swing forever if I'd push him.
Cannon is off on his own, climbing, sliding and usually making new friends with other kiddos, so I do my best to keep this one from walking straight off edges.
And there are always trains down the slide. Now this I will be able to do with three kids no problem. 

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP