Sunday, June 16, 2013

Letters to My Boys - June 2013

Because one day I will forget these moments and because one day I want them to know how much I loved these little days with them . . . I've joined a little blog circle with my friends. We're writing notes to our children every month. Because they are important to us. Because these days are fleeting. Because maybe, just maybe, one day I'll laugh at the chaos, the messes, and the memories.

Be sure to check out my friend, Niki's, sweet letter to her twins.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
**Playing with the camera on Mommy's new and first ever smart phone!**

Cannon & Cason,

I'm sitting here trying to think of what I would tell you if I could tell you anything.

What is the most important thing I should say to you right now?

What will you need to hear 10 years, or even 20 years, from now? What will you want to hear? What will you have always wished Mom would have told you? Will you ever even read/see this footprint I'm leaving for you on the internet?

Will you want to know that we spent these early years at the playground, at library story hour, cuddled on the couch reading books, building and tearing down block towers, and digging holes in the weed-ridden back yard.

Will you want to know how proud I am of you, how happy I am to be your mother? That I am so thrilled to have you for my sons. Every day I am amazed at the new things you're learning, the creativity you exhibit, the imagination that comes soaring from your mind. But really I'm just proud because you're mine. I get to say I'm Cannon and Cason's mom!

Will you want to know that Duck Dynasty is currently all the rage on tv, that Facebook is pretty much taking over the web, and that the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S4 are considered cutting edge technology?

Will you want to know how very sorry I am for the days I lose my temper, snap at your toddler antics, and take "just a minute" on the computer because I just want a break? I am sorry. I am learning. I'm trying. I make mistakes. I'm praying that "love will cover a multitude of sins." (1 Peter 4:8)

If ever there's a moment I'm not smiling (which some days is alot), Cannon, you're so quick to ask me if  I'm happy. Yes, son. I'm so happy that I get to spend my days watching the creation God is knitting together right before my very eyes in the shape of two rambunctious boys.

I love you! And I'm happy I'm your mom!

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP