Saturday, May 17, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Before I even show you my Mother's Day photos this year, I have to give you this picture. It captures Cason's personality perfectly and in it's entirety. I can't even put down words to do his personality justice, but this photo captures his spunk and it makes me smile. 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
One of my goals this year was to herd cats. I also had the goal to take Mother's Day photos with my three boys three years old and under. And that is how in one evening I checked TWO things off my to-do list.  
So, I didn't actually have a goal to herd cats, but sometimes life with three boys feels like one and the same activity.

If you're been around the blog for any amount of time you know I love my annual Mother's Day photos. You can see Mother's Day 2013, 2012 and 2011 to watch my little brood grow.

This year we had to take many many breaks, pausing to make Cannon's "silly" face or to just be goofy. Some of those "in between" shots are the best, most candid moments.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
We read some books because that is one of our favorite afternoon activities. Although normally we are in the house reading and not sitting in a field getting eaten alive by chiggers.

Sometimes I think back to four years ago when I was pregnant with Cannon. I had no idea what was about to hit me. I had no idea the joy and angst and beauty and brawl of having a child. And I really had no idea that there would be three boys in three years in my future. My life is so exhausting and awesome because of them.

I need to plaster these sweet photos all over my house to remind me of the beauty of my boys . . . you know, for when Colt's waking up all night, Cason's trekking mud into the house and Cannon's yelling "No!" at me at the top of his lungs. Not that those these EVER happen in my my home. :-) 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP