Friday, October 13, 2006

A Texas Countdown


Slowly, but surely, South Carolina has grown on us. It's developed from a bitter-why-did-we-move-here to a wow-this-place-is-kinda-cool.

We finally have friends. I mean real friends. Friends that I can call to borrow a cup of sugar, two eggs, or a stick of butter. Friends that call us to take them to the airport. Friends that want to go camping or cook all day with us. Friends that pray for us.

I've finally started finding my way around town. I don't get lost trying to get to the grocery store. I don't use up a whole tank of gas just trying to get to the gas station. And I know which freeways go north/south and which ones goes east/west.

We've also discovered the plethora of outdoor activities this place has to offer. Let me tell you. We live two hours from the beach, two hours from the mountains, and right around the corner from canoeable rivers! It's like having a great, big backyard. Growing up in Texas I didn't even know these things existed, except in books and when we drove for days upon days upon days.

So, in light of the fact that we're actually adjusting, socializing, and enjoying God's wonderful creation . . . we've decided to MOVE BACK TO TEXAS!

Yes, you read that right. We're coming home. And this is not a fluke. It's not a false alarm, like the whole "we're moving to Houston to work at a church" fiasco. This is real. Tried and true. Down on paper. A cat in the bag.

We even have an acceptance letter to prove it.

We prayed about where the Lord would have us go, to serve Him, to use our lives up for His purpose, after we paid off our debt. He told us to go right back where we started . . . Dallas, TX.

Danny and I both have a passionate desire to serve the Lord in ministry, wherever that may be and whatever that may look like. And we believe that a great start to that would be for Danny to go to seminary.

So, in January Danny will start internet classes at Dallas Theological Seminary. In June/July we will make the move. We will once again stuff all of our earthly possessions into a Uhaul and my brother's truck and drive across the country. Thank goodness we on the first floor this time.

So, mark your calendars. Come help us unpack. We're going to be so busy hugging that good ole Texas soil that's not within two hours of anything cool, but we love it, that we won't be able to unload our stuff. Either that, or we'll be so tired from moving three times in two years that we've collapsed in exhaustion.

For those of you that have been holding in this fabulous news for so long - you're now free to shout it from the rooftops. While you're at it, you could also pass along the word that we'll be looking for a very low-rent apartment/house to live in come next summer.

Anyone need new tenants?

We're very clean. Or we try to be. We own a vaccuum cleaner - does that count? We're good at sharing and quite accomodating. We share our apartment with the roach under the bathroom sink that is nano-seconds faster than us, as well as the cobwebs that appeared just out of our reach. But other than that, I wash the floors and Danny picks up his clothes. We've even been known to dust occasionally.

Welcome Home Texas. We've missed you.

5 comments:

Anonymous October 13, 2006 8:25 PM  

Do you want to commute from College Station? I have an extra bedroom now!

Love ya!
Susan

Chris & Kristi October 15, 2006 10:20 PM  

That's so exciting!!! I'm so excited for you both! I don't know anyone in Dallas, but if you ever move to Austin I might be able to help...

Anonymous October 16, 2006 9:48 AM  

I'm so excited! I will finally be able to meet Danny! Guess what? In November I'm also moving back to Dallas!

Anonymous October 16, 2006 10:30 PM  

Aw, yay! It would be fun to see you again! Let me know when the move comes.. if I'm free, I'd love to help! Hope all is well! Talk to you later.

Blessings,
Adrianne

gara hill October 27, 2006 2:16 PM  

Laura - I've never met you, but we've kept up with you both through your blog. My hubby, Brandon, and Danny are buddies from high school & A&M. We are in Arlington - which is Danny and Brandon's old stomping ground. I know that Brandon will be excited to hear ya'll are headed back to Texas. Let us know if we can do anything. Hugs, Brandon & Gara

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP