Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Plano Balloon Festival

Last weekend Danny had his first Plano Balloon Festival experience. The Plano Balloon festival was a childhood tradition of the Reeder family, since it was less than two miles from our house and a very pleasant walk.

I can remember loading up the red wagon with frisbees, balls, snacks and water and heading out to Bob Woodruff park. We battled crowds like this:

Mom and I would scoured the craft booths for a fun new creation; I would get my cotton candy fix while Matthew chowed down on a turkey leg; then the kids would get their faced painted. I always got a bunch of ballons on one cheek and a rainbow on the other cheek. Matthew always asked for something camoflauge.

This year we made it just in time to see the parachutes float down from the sky.


Some of the balloons we saw I recognized from when I was little. Every year the Dallas Morning News would publish a special insert containing pictures of all the balloons that would be at the festival this year. I would sit out in the front yard, as the balloons floated over our house from the park, and I would check off the balloons as I saw them. Leave it to this A-Type personality to organize balloon watching into a checklist instead of relaxing and watching the colorful display. So, the faded pink/green/purple balloon in the picture below is one of those that I would check off the list.

You can see the pick-up truck underneath this cow ballon and get an idea of huge this is.


The jungle balloon blowing up.

And then, we watched the birth of the energizer bunny:


Sky Full of Colors

To see all the pictures, visit: thestillers.shutterfly.com

2 comments:

Kelly October 10, 2007 9:18 PM  

looks like so much fun!! i want to use this picture template thing that you have going on your blog...where did you find it? p.s. check out the reply comment i left you on my blog :)

Kevin and Becky October 11, 2007 12:37 PM  

We saw those exact same balloons in Louisville! It looks like they travel the country.

Your blog stalker,

Becky Peek (Corbin)

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP