Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Grapes & Crepes

Sometimes I get in a blogging funk.

Oh, I never really stop thinking about blogging.

Our life is gauged on it's bloggability.

Events, date nights, pictures and travels are all weighted on how bloggable they are.

Do you like I'm making up as many words as I can using the word "blog?"

I usually come up with the best blogs while I'm killing myself on a long run or while I'm trying to fall asleep. Neither of which I'm willing to interrupt in order to write down my ideas.

So, unfortunately for you, the reader, by the time I limp home or wake up in the morning I've long forgotten those brilliant ideas and stories .

And that results in having weeks like last week.

Weeks where I just don't feel like blogging. I use the excuse that it takes too much effort, no one cares anyways, and I have nothing to say.

Well, today was one of those days. I was running on Swiss avenue at dawn, listening to some highly motivational tunes that keep my legs going, and I had a funny little blog all lined up in my head. Somewhere between Beacon Ave. and home, just about the time I was wondering why I torture my feet so, I lost it. It was gone. Back there on the curb. I sweated that great blog right out of my mind.

So, here's a blog anyways, sans the witty writing. Maybe you can just enjoy the pictures.

Every so often I like to hang out with the girls. Remember this?

Well, when Danny informed me that he wanted to watch the UFC Championship and eat hot wings, I knew it was about time for another girls night. Let's just say, I don't "appreciate" the sport of Ultimate Fighting quite as much as Danny.

I had read about this ridiculously cute idea, but since we obviously couldn't travel to Wilmington, NC, I decided we needed to bring the Grapes & Crepes to Dallas.

Jaya, Judy, Miriam, Jenna, and Rachael were all up for a little fine dining Stiller-style.

Dinner included:

  • Mushroom, Bacon & Cream Crepes
  • Spinach, Bacon & Cheese Crepes
  • Ham & Cheese Crepes
Drinkes included wine, champagne, Italian sodas, and sweet tea (I am mastering the "Southern Baptist wife's sweet tea" as Danny calls it. Apparently every Southern Baptist wife can make the best sweet tea - somehow I missed the Sunday School lesson that gave out this recipe.).

We put out all the ingredients in bowls, so you could mix and match your fillings to make whatever your tummy desired.

I would like to say that we were little chefs and made our own crepes (the wrappers), but I lacked the energy and the time - so Central Market came to the rescue.

In between dinner and dessert we played the game Loaded Questions. I had a slight advantage, being that I was the only one who knew everyone - but some how I still lost.


After much laughing and getting to know each other it was on to the best part: dessert.

The dessert menu included:

  • Almond Peach Crepes
  • Strawberries & Cream Crepes
  • Ricotta, Lemon & Blueberry Crepes
  • Chocolate Raspberry Crepes
We ate until you could have rolled us home, and before we knew it it was past 9 pm and the boys were coming home.

UFC was successfully avoided and fun & food was successfully had & eaten. It was a good girls' night!

5 comments:

Jenna July 23, 2008 11:29 AM  

It WAS a good girls night! And next time we do something like this I will not be sick so I can actually EAT SOME OF THE DELICIOUS LOOKING FOOD!!! Did you have leftovers for weeks?

Photography by Miriam July 24, 2008 8:30 AM  

That was a fantastic night! We need to do another one soon. I was at central market yesterday and saw the crepes wrappers, made me think of the girls night out!

Birdwells July 24, 2008 2:27 PM  

Thanks for organizing such a unique and girlie ladies night!! I had a blast! Let's do a ladies night again soon!

Ashley July 27, 2008 8:58 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley July 27, 2008 9:00 PM  

yay, you're back! I've missed your blogs. Most people don't realize how key pictures are for a blog, but you have mastered the photo-blog format. i showed Nick your blog for an example of "how to write a good blog." We're like your jedi-bloggers in training. :)

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP