Tuesday, September 23, 2008

4th of July

It's good to be back in Texas - we look all over in South Carolina for a 4th of July parade to go to, but apparently they don't believe in ringing in the 4th with hot rods and candy. Someone should tell them what they're missing.

People get up early to line the streets of Plano with their children in hopes of getting fistfuls of candy.


Danny's favorite float - the motorcycle gangs.


Some float threw out watermelons - well, they didn't really THROW them, more like placed them in our laps - and that was the most ingenious idea EVER. And then everyone thought we were smart enough to have brought watermelons to a hot parade - we didn't bother correcting them.









It's too hot for a santa suit in July in Texas - but you must end a parade with Santa Claus.

After the parade we went to find a restaurant for brunch. Danny got caught by the Make Way for Ducklings ducks.
And then he wanted to play the pig. I've told you before, and I don't think you believe me when I say, "WE ARE EASILY AMUSED!"

I am not a Boston fan. I am a fan of the city, but not necessarily the team, but it's the only red/white/blue I own. Someone buy me a Texas Rangers shirt - please!


After a scrumptious breakfast at Dennys, we went home to play Loaded Questions. Dad wanted to be the permanent reader, and I believe he had more fun reading and watching us confuse everyone that we did playing.

Then, from somewhere deep in the pits of Matthew's room (or the game closet, I can't remember which) the boys busted out Crossfire. You have to love childhood games that make you want to kick them over because of their incessant noise. How did my Mother ever put up with us?

And what kind of Fourth of July would it have been if we hadn't walked to the fireworks near the community college? At least they had those in South Carolina!

1 comments:

debily September 23, 2008 6:15 AM  

I think your shirt is absolutely beautiful and I see nothing wrong with it at all. Wear it with pride! In fact, you might also need one in pink.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP