Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Transforming a little more . . .

And we're back with more pictures from the second Transform event on July 12th.

Old, dirty lockers were just waiting to get painted.

The mosaics took all three weeks (and then some), so it was fun to watch the sunflowers "grow."

This my friends is just one of many spreadsheets Danny carried around on event days. It is proof that my crazy husband can be detail-oriented and that CityYear worked wonders for his project management skills.

One, two, three paint!

Lots of kids showed up during the second week and were fabulous at gluing mosaics.




Again, I loved the people that were willing to dig holes and throw dirt in the middle of the summer in Texas.


Someone give him a job to do - he's READY!

Volunteers got to wear all kinds of fun contraptions to get the jobs done!

Remember those dirty, scrathed up lockers . . . no more!


Cleaning up . . .

What to do with my blue hands?

How about I put them on your shirt?

Protective eye gear . . .

I was trying to get more group pictures this week - that involved alot of interrupting work and saying "Smile!"

Danny lost the beard somewhere between the first Transform and the second.




As you can tell, I couldn't stop taking pictures of kids.


3 comments:

Danny October 02, 2008 9:01 AM  

Although I did make many spreadsheets for Transform, I must give credit where credit is due. I am pretty sure Justin Childress made that spreadsheet pictured on this blogpost.

gara hill October 02, 2008 1:01 PM  

great pics once again!

Anonymous October 02, 2008 1:13 PM  

I see me! I see me!

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP