Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Our Family This Month (January 2012)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

This might be the most exciting monthly update (albeit a little late) yet! Cason Reed Stiller was born on at 4:14 am at the Allen Birthing Center on Friday, January 6, 2012 after four short (but hard) hours of labor. And yes, the full birth story is coming . . . eventually. Writing my birth stories is a very cathartic way to reminisce and savor the joy of welcoming my child into the world. Little bits by little bits I jot down scenes as they spring to mind. I think it's a little part of my postpartum recovery to relive those moments when I became a mother (even for a second time).

So, the first week of the month was spent waiting. Waiting for Cason to arrive and trying to survive being 39 weeks pregnant while chasing a toddler. Survive we did.

The second week of the month, Danny was off of work, Cannon spent oodles of time with his Nana, Papa and Glammy, and Cason and I just cuddled in bed.

The third and fourth week of the month we repeated the cuddling, Cannon learned that he LOVES to "drive" Glammy's car, and our outings pretty much consisted of short little trips to the park to avoid cabin fever. We were well cared for by our mothers who had new meals coming every other night. I'm not sure I would have survived those first few weeks without their help with cooking and watching Cannon. I might have survived, but I would have been hungry that's for sure.

We are adjusting to life with two children and are thoroughly smitten with our boys, even when they wake up in the middle of the night (multiple times).

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP