Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Cason at 5 Months

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

My Sweet Little Cason,

I wanted to celebrate your 5th Month Birthday with a letter to let you know how special you are to us. From the minute your mommy and daddy "tricked" Papa Joe and I into finding out our second grandchild was on its way, I just knew I wanted to be there with you all in Dallas the moment you arrived. I searched and searched for an apartment as close to your home as I could find. The one right up the street was not available until January 6th the day you were due to be born. As much as I wanted to be close, I just HAD to get there a few days early so as not to miss the moment you arrived. So I took an apartment in Frisco, about 20 minutes away, and was sure to be there to join the family in welcoming our new bundle of joy the moment you arrived.

So I arrived on December 29th, moved in to my apartment for the month, and we waited and waited for your arrival. On Thursday, January 5th, Mommy had some discomfort and we thought you were on your way. Daddy called to tell me they were still at home and would keep me posted during the night. I charged my cel phone and put it on the pillow next to me to make sure I would hear it ring when you were truly on your way into our world. I woke up at 6:30 am, there were no message indicators or call indicators on my phone. I unplugged it and put it in the kitchen where I had my first cup of coffee, watched HGTV (yes at 6:30 am) and started to plan what I would do that day. ALL OF A SUDDEN my phone started ringing and it was Uncle Chris from Arizona screaming at me, "Mom where have you been, Danny has been trying to reach you... Cason has arrived!"

I jumped up in disbelief, jumping all over the kitchen saying what do you mean, they never called me? As I checked my phone for messages and missed calls I began to see several calls at 3am and messages of Daddy notifying me to "get in to position" to arrive at the Allen Birthing Center for your arrival. I was jumping and crying -- so disappointed I was 4 hours late to meet you yet so excited that you were finally here. So I jumped into my clothes and made my way over to your birthing room and there you
were with Mommy, Daddy, Nana and Papa Bill, your aunt, uncles and big brother Cannon -- as “snug as a bug in a rug” in your little woombie AS CUTE AND AS SWEET AS COULD BE!

And that was the beginning of the most perfect month for me... sharing a part of almost every day with you and Cannon -- playing, hugging, and loving each other, getting to know you, holding you and watching you smile in your sleep as you found your little way into our hearts and our souls.

It has been 4 months now since I have seen you, and I think of you every day! BUT next week we are all getting together in New York for you to meet the rest of your family -- your great grandparents, Nanou and Poppi, Uncle Chris & Mykie and all your aunts, uncles, cousins and second cousins who love you and Cannon very much. So get ready for your first airplane ride, lots of hugs and kisses as we shower you with more love than you will ever know.

We are so blessed to have you in our lives and going forward, I hope we can get some more time during the year to spend special days together as you grow in the Light of the Lord and in the hearts of those of who love you!

Big hugs and kisses,
Glammy & Papa Joe

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP