Tuesday, August 07, 2012

To Share or Not To Share . . . it's not even a question

Cannon is full-blown in the MINE, ALL THINGS ARE MINE stage. It drives me batty. I wish I could erase the word "MINE" from his brain. We go to the park and he calls dibs on the slide when another child tries to play. A friend comes over and the poor thing can't sit on the couch before Cannon's yelling MY COUCH. We go to a friends house and Cannon things he's inherited all of their toys and even asks to "Take car home?" 

We've started telling him that all of the toys belong to Mommy and Daddy, we are just sharing with him and allowing him to play with them. Yea, that's not really working either, but I needed something to say in response to the incessant "No, MINE!" coming out of my child.

Normally, Cason can just LOOK in the direction of a toy and Cannon will tear across the room crying "MINE" to snatch it from Cason's view. The poor child can't even chew on Sophie without Cannon ripping it from his mouth. 

So, you can imagine my surprise when I walked into the living room to find this:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

That's right. Cannon had piled all of his vehicles onto Cason's tray because "Baby Budder wants to play." Cason was in little boy heaven. For five minutes he had his pick of every truck, car, boat and train we have in the house. 

It hasn't happened again since, so I hope enjoyed his five minutes of uninterupted play. I have a feeling it's going to be a long road until that happens again (voluntarily any ways). Oh the joys of two children.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP