Sunday, March 31, 2013

March 2013 Reading List

7. Uglies by Scott Westerfield
I needed a light and fun read for our child-free weekend in Austin, and this book did not disappoint. I couldn't put it down. It's a futuristic and alternate universe (similar to the Hunger Games) novel and quite an easy/quick read. It's got a little romance and alot of adventure, and I've already go the second book in the series on hold at the library.

8. Birth Without Violence by Frederick Leboyer
I loved this book. I loved the beauty of anticipating the birth of a baby with gentleness and peace. I loved the thought of soaking and floating with a fresh newborn, hours old, in a relaxing bath. I didn't agree with everything . . . I don't think I could give birth as quietly as in the dark as Leboyer advocates for, but I appreciated the reminder that birth is traumatic for a newborn too and treating them with gentleness and tenderness is important.

Can I just say that my photography business and my reading goals keep getting interrupted by pregnancies. I set goals only to find out I'm pregnant and have them derailed by exhaustion and needing to "freshen up" on pregnancy, labor and childbirth! Ha!

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP