Thursday, September 11, 2008

Michigan Trip - The Lake

Table of Contents for Michigan Trip Series:

One of the first questions out of my Mom's mouth when I called her to tell her we were in Michigan was, "Have you gone in the lake yet?"

Well, I forgot my swimsuit - so I wasn't going past my shins in any water.

Danny, on the other hand, wears his swimsuit on days when he's not going to the pool (or the lake or the beach) and sometimes he swims in just regular shorts - so either way he was set for swimming.

Oh, and did I mention that the water was only 70 degrees. Apparantly that's just like bath water to the natives because everyone thought it was wonderfully refreshing and the beaches were crowded every afternoon. To my little Texas Toes the water was cold.

And that is why Mom wanted to know if we had been in the Lake yet. She wanted to see how brave her children were.

Well, here's proof that Danny can withstand the temperatures of a Great Lake.


Other than take pictures of Danny at the lake, which as you can see from the animated gif pictures I do alot of, I found quite a few things to shoot while Danny splashed and played by himself in the fresh water.

We could have sat by the glistening water in the 70 degree breeze for days on end.

Brakers on Lions Beach trying were put in to save the sand.

Kids would jump off the pier, climb back up this ladder and rinse and repeat.

Sand dunes on the lake:

And here's some more of Danny just because they make me smile.

I frequently hear, "Hey, watch me do this! Take a picture of me doing this!"

He then follows up his question with something stellar like this - running and belly flopping into the water:

And then he pops up, gasping for air, and hollers , "Did you get that on the camera?!"

Life is fun as Danny's wife.

3 comments:

Anonymous September 11, 2008 10:13 PM  

Your husband is CRAZY!!! That's all I have to say! :)
Lorie and Kynn

Sally September 11, 2008 10:14 PM  

Laura and Danny
I just love the pictures from our Michigan vacation! Thanks so much for posting - they are SUPER!!! The pictures of Danny make me smile too!!!
Aunt Sally

christina September 20, 2008 3:04 PM  

I miss you guys! Hope life in Dallas is going well and that school is good for the two of you. What happened to Transform?

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP