Friday, January 14, 2011

Goals for 2011

Just in case you missed it, you can see my 2011 Reading Goals and our pre-planned Date Nights for 2011.

I know, it's halfway through January, but I've been thinking about my goals for the next year for at least a month now. (I accomplished about half of my 2010 Goals List, which I think is pretty good considering I had a baby halfway through the year which threw me off kilter for a little while.) I never really expect to do all these things, but I'd rather aim for lots and accomplish a little, than aim for nothing and do zilch.

Here they are - the goals that will be hanging above my computer on clipboards for all of 2011.

Personal:

  • Watch less TV and read more while nursing Cannon.
  • Watch less TV while falling asleep, to the point where I'm brave enough to move the tv out of our bedroom.
  • Go to Baby Boot Camp at least twice a week
  • Run at least twice a week
  • Go to Village Mommies group at least twice a month
  • Read through the Bible for the first time ever (even if it takes me longer than a year) using "The Bible Reading Plan for Slackers and Shirkers."
Marriage:
Cannon:
  • Do weekly activities from "Slow and Steady Get Me Ready"
  • Plan out a new activity from my "babyactivites" Delicious bookmarks each week
  • Create little "centers" so that I can visually remind myself to give him a well-balanced day (centers might include: reading, outdoors, tummy time, planned craft/developmental activity, etc.)
Photography:

There's a whole entire post waiting to be written about photography for this new year. Basically, having a child has totally changed how I look at pictures. There are lots of things mulling around in my mind about the importance of capture life as it is happening. So, while I try to put into words the passion that is stirring in my heart, here a few technical things I want to do this year:
  • Hire a professional to design a logo, icon & blog header 
  • Create and order business cards
  • Redesign blog/website/brand & purchase a domain
  • Purchase Lightroom
  • Get maternity/birth/newborn pictures of Cannon printed in a book
  • Come up with a proofing system that works for me
  • Develop welcome kits and client gifts
  • Have a photoshoot done of me
    Blog:
    • Post monthly reading recap (like Supercinskis)
    • Post monthly family recap (like Passionate Homemaking)
    • Post monthly 3-in-30 goals
    • Post monthly favorite links and blogs I've discovered and saved in Delicious
    • Post weekly "Slow & Steady" activity w/ pictures
    • Post a weekly "Here's What's Coming Up" (like I Heart Naptime)
    • Redesign blog with new template to include larger photos
    • Add several new tabs to the blog:
      • A Cannon Tab (birth story & pictures, days, weeks, months)
      • A Motherhood Tab (childbirth, labor & delivery prep, newborn care)
      • Marriage Tab (quarterly reviews, date nights, life)
    • Date blog posts on the date the pictures were taken to create an accurate baby book for Cannon
    • Make a blurb book for each year
    Home:
    • Get in a better routine of meal planning
    • Track food spendings and plan out food budget 
    • Stop couponing as we adjust to eating a clean diet
    • Write out a daily schedule and a weekly chore list
    • Create a master cleaning list (including daily, weekly, monthly and yearly chores)
    Computer:
    • Back up computer on Mozy
    • Clean off Danny's laptop and my desktop
    • Create a control center/family binder in Evernote or AboutOne
    • Organize pictures (delete blurry/bad pictures and make sure all photos are renamed in same format) 
    • Consolidate bookmarks from Evernote and Google Reader into Delicious
    New Years Traditions to think about next year:
    • Watch slideshow of pictures from the previous year (See Eighteen25)
    • Make a time capsule/answer reflection questions
    Christmas Traditions to think about next year:
    • Start collecting Christmas story books
    • Read Advent devotionals every night together 
    • Write Christmas Eve notes to put in stockings
    • Hand make more Christmas gifts

      © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP