Monday, January 21, 2013

Favorite Toys 2012

I'm always scouring blogs for new toy and gift ideas for the boys, so I thought I'd post some of the toys/gifts that have already been played with the most this holiday seasons. (Let it be known that if you gave us a gift that isn't on this list, it doesn't mean we don't like it! These are just the ones I've noticed the boys playing with the most, every day, all the time!)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
**Cason playing his xylophone and shaker all at the same time!**

Cason - Age 12 Months
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
**Cason baking milk bottles together.**

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
**Cannon baking cookies!**

Cannon - Age 2 1/2 years
  • Plan Toys Road & Rail Transportation Play Set
  • Plan City Fire Station
  • Melissa & Doug Slide & Bake Cookie Set
    This toy has revived the play kitchen. Cannon has spent more time baking cookies than any thing else over the last week.
  • Melissa & Dough Crawl Tunnel 
    This was actually a gift for Cason, but apparently it's appropriate for 2.5 year olds too!
  • Melissa & Dough Fold & Go Mini Barn
    This toy has been played with endless by both boys. Cason carries around animals in his mouth while he crawls, and he's even learned some animal sounds while we play "farm."
  • Let's Pretend Builder's Toolkit by Roger Priddy
    This is a puzzle/board book. Cannon LOVES "working" with the little puzzle pieces and pretending that he's building/painting/repairing things.
  • VTech Kidizoom Camera
    Cannon plays with this daily. Just to warn you: this camera has pretty bad picture quality (image your cell phone camera from five years ago), but it's kid friend. I don't worry about him dropping it, breaking it, etc. so now I don't hover over him while he's photographing everything  in sight. I was letting him use an old point and shoot, but I was terrified of him dropping it (since I still use it occasionally when I want to throw a small camera in my purse). This way he shoots to his heart's content without me stifling his creativity by telling him to be careful, use two hands, etc.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
**Cannon taking a my picture while I take his picture.**

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP