Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Colt - Week 1

And so it starts again . . . the weekly photos. This time I have a quilt pattern in mind, so I'm choosing my fabrics accordingly. I'm also spending a little more to get fabrics I like, since there were quite a few cottons in Cason's quilt that I didn't love but simply purchased because they were super discounted remnants. Hello Colt! We are going to celebrate you every week. Here's to the next year of watching you grow.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Stats:
Colt weighed in at 9 lbs 11 oz during his home visit when he was three days old. Did you read that? The baby GAINED two oz in three days. He was suppose to lose some weight, but not this boy! He's packing it on.

At six days old Colt weight in at 10 lbs 5 oz (12 oz over birth weight), albeit that was with clothing and diaper on, but we factored that in to the weigh in (he actually weighed in at 10 lbs 7 oz).

Clothes:
Newborn clothes fit right now, but not for long. 

Schedule:
None right now! 

Sleep:
Once my milk came in Colt started sleeping 2-3 hour stretches day and night, instead of just wanting to nurse all the time! Thank goodness!

Eating:
My milk came in by the end of Colt's second day of life. This was record speed for me. Of course it helps that he nursed around the clock for the first 36 hours. I would nurse him for an hour, then try to put him down to take a break and he would cry and cry until I let him nurse again. The boy is hungry!

Talking:
Cries with gusto!

Teeth:
None of course

Likes:
Nursing/eating/sucking!

Dislikes:
Not eating and not being held. So long as we're holding him and he's eating he's great!

Health:
Colt is really gassy (and starting to spit up). I feel like his digestive system is working overtime trying to figure out this milk stuff.

He has mild jaundice, but we enjoyed some sunshine coming through the window while cuddling on our bed this week.

Events/Milestones:
I would say that rapid weight gain was his big event/milestone of the week.

How's Mama doing?
Emotional. I cried during my first post-partum shower thinking about how I was pregnant the last time I showered! There were lots and lots of tears this week. Good ones. Tears of happiness and memories.

I'm weak and tired from blood loss, but soaking up my newborn snuggles.

I realized several days after labor that my shoulders and upper arms were sore/tender to the touch. I don't remember being sore like that after any of my other labors. I must have been working hard.

There is way more post-partum cramping this time around. I've heard that gets worse with each pregnancy, but OW.

Forgot what Cannon and Cason looked like at one week? You might be shocked at the difference two pounds makes! 
Cannon - Week 1
Cason - Week 1

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP