Monday, April 05, 2010

18th Quarterly Review - Round Rock, TX

Remember that time the rain got the best of us?

Well, last month we were ready to tackle Enchanted Rock again.

QR01

Only this time we had the opposite problem. The weather was SO nice that when we got to the park we found out it was at capacity and closed to any further visitors for TWO HOURS.

Undeterred, we occupied ourselves with Blizzards from the Dairy Queen in Frederickburg and waited our turn in line before spending a beautiful afternoon hiking around a big rock.

See that line of cars snaking up the road - we had to wait our turn in that line before getting into the park.

QR04

QR02

QR08

QR09

QR05

QR06

QR03

QR07

QR12

My one request was that we stay in a hotel with a jacuzzi tub, which turned out to be a fabulous idea after trekking up a rock all day. Danny found the best room ever, and I believe I took three baths in less than 24 hours. We drank coffee (yes, decaf for me) at Mozart's and avoided downtown Austin like the plague to avoid hitting SXSW traffic.

This was our baby-planning quarterly review. It was this weekend that we finally narrowed down our non-existent list of boys' names to the nine names listed here. We worked on the budget and prioritized the baby supplies we would need to register for/purchase. And then we'd look at each other and go, "Can you believe we're having a baby?!"

I'll leave you with one last picture.

Every time I upload pictures off of the camera I find pictures that Danny has taken of just my baby belly. I guess he's wanting to commemorate all of the place his son went before he was born. 

So, here you go Hudson/Cannon/Jude/Hayden/Ashton/whatever-we-finally-decide-to-call-you: proof that you traveled to the top of Enchanted Rock and that I hydrated you well with gatorade.

QR13

Quarterly Review History:

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP