Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 2011 Reading List

46. Don't Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Plowman
This book is a great companion read to "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Tedd Tripp. I thought it was a little more practical with more examples and real life situations while Shepherding a Child's Heart was more of the theology and theory behind disciplining and training your child. I would HIGHLY recommend both of these to any parent wanting to better understand what the Bible says about raising children.

47. Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
Loved this book. I will definitely need to be referencing it often as the boys grow. I loved how this book didn't stop at discipline and behavior modification, but explained the importance of addressing your children's hearts. There's WAY more to say about this book than can be written in a few little paragraphs of a book review, so if you have thoughts or questions, I'd love to discuss it further.

48. Listen to Me Good by Margaret Charles Smith
This book wasn't quite what I was expecting. It read more like a history book than a memoir, and at times I wanted to read more of the midwife's story than the history sections included at the beginning of each chapter. There was also less about midwifery and more about the entire life of Mrs. Smith than I expected - which was fine - I just thought I was picking up a book about childbirth and midwives.

49. Playful Learning by Anne Engelhardt
This is one of the best resources for preschool ideas ever! Some of the activities were too old for Cannon - but it was a great resource for themed activities.

I didn't quite make it through my reading goals for 2011. I got derailed by other books here and there. You can see my reading goals for 2011, along with the additional books I read here. I think this next year I'll leave more wiggle room for additions to the goal sheet.

To see all the books I read in 2011 check out Shelfari, or you can read my reviews here:

November 2011 Reading List
October 2011 Reading List
September 2011 Reading List
August 2011 Reading List
July 2011 Reading List
June 2011 Reading List
May 2011 Reading List
April 2011 Reading List
March 2011 Reading List
February 2011 Reading List
January 2011 Reading List

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP